The customs formalities technician is responsible for the customs declaration, for import or export.
He has tasks as:
- To provide the interface between the transit and accounting departments of the companies and the customs.
- To establish the amount of duties and taxes.
- To provide customs with all information on the goods.
- To check their conformity with the regulations in force before signing the file and handing it to the customs. In some cases, especially if the customs request so.
- Performs on the request of the customs physical control of the goods.
Contacts are then formed with various interlocutors: ship-owners, consignees, insurance companies.But it is in complete autonomy that the customs formalities technician drafts the regulatory forms.
- Assistant Import/ Export.
- Transit agent.
- General information on customs regulations.
- Transport and Incoterms.
- Customs nomenclature.
- Regulation of national and international trade.
- International payment.
- The organization of the customs administration.
- Tariff classification techniques.
- Customs' formalities.
- Sheds and customs clearance areas.
- Establishment of the declaration.
- The transaction value.
- Other customs procedures.
- Procedures for carrying out import operations.
- Basic accounting and financial management tools.
- Commercial English.
- Law of work.
- Computers and Internet.
- Health and safety of work.
- Job search.
- Internship I.
- Internship II.
- Trade Law.
Professional skills :
- Good knowledge of the environment and technical documentation related to international trade as well as the legal aspects of transport.
- Knowledge of legal, customs or other provisions.
- Preparation of special certificates for hazardous materials.
- To master the specific software of assistance to the declarations.
- Realization of customs clearance of goods.
- Accompanying the company in the optimization of customs operations.
- Establishment of specific procedures in the context of international exchanges.
- Reporting in accordance with the legislation and tariffs in force.
He must also:
- Be organized and methodical.
- Have team spirit.
- Master at least 3 languages as well as oral communication rules.
- Have the spirit of analysis and synthesis.